Bus Pirate v3.6a
Bus Pirate v3.6a
The Bus Pirate v3.6a, created by Ian Lesnet, is a troubleshooting tool that communicates between a PC and any embedded device over 1-wire, 2-wire, 3-wire, UART, I2C, SPI, and HD44780 LCD protocols – all at voltages from 0-5.5VDC. This product eliminates a ton of early prototyping effort when working with new or unknown chips.
Working with the Bus Pirate is simple and effective – type commands into a terminal on your computer, those commands are interpreted by the Bus Pirate and sent via the proper protocol. The Pirate will also interpret data sent from your embedded device back to your computer terminal. A big bonus is the bootloader installed on the PIC, which allows you to easily update the firmware and change the functionality of the board.
The main components of the Bus Pirate are the PIC24FJ64 processor and a FT232RL USB-to-Serial chip. A Mini-B USB connector that has also been populated on the board, provides the power to the Bus Pirate and allows you to interact with via your PC. The major difference in this version of the Bus Pirate comes from the shrouded 0.1″ pitch 2×5 pin header, which has been flipped around to help standardize this board. Additionally every pin on this header has been labeled, eliminating the need for a separate I/O pin description document like with earlier versions.
Need the breakout cable? It is available here.
- 0-5.5volt tolerant pins
- 1Hz – 40MHz frequency measurement
- On-board 3.3volt and 5volt power supplies with software reset
- Macros for common operations
- A bootloader for easy firmware updates
- 10Hz – 1MHz low-speed logic analyzer
- Translations (currently Spanish and Italian)
- 0-6volt measurement probe
- 1kHz – 4MHz pulse-width modulator, frequency generator
- On-board multi-voltage pull-up resistors
- Bus traffic sniffers (SPI, I2C)
- Transparent USB->serial mode
- Scriptable from Perl, Python, etc.
- Access to PIC24FJ64 ICSP port
Bus Pirate 3.6a: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/bus-pirate-v36a-hookup-guide
Back In Stock Notification
This item is currently out of stock, but is available for backorder. If you would like to reserve incoming stock, simply add this to your cart and checkout as per normal. Alternativly, if you would like to be notified when this product is back in stock, simply subscribe to the auto-notification by entering your email address below.
Available on backorder