Astro Pi Sensor HAT
Astro Pi Sensor HAT
SKU: RAS-078 - Mfg Part Number: RASPBERRYPI-SENSEHAT
The Astro Pi Sensor HAT is the same sensor board that has been used in various experiments on the International Space Station over the past few years! It supports a whole host of projects for the Raspberry Pi, it can measure how fast is the Pi itself travelling (i.e. measure your speed), how hot is it? how humid is it? (air humidity), which direction is the Raspberry Pi facing?
The LED Matrix enables you to display the data from the various sensors, it can show you which way is geomagnetic North by programming a compass using the magnetometer, or simply be used to play games like Tetris, Pong and Snake with the joystick. The joystick can also be used to enable a human user to interact with the programs running on the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT.
Writing programs for the Sense HAT is very simple, with a Python library available to get started quickly and easily. For a truly out of world projects check out the AstroPi website http://astro-pi.org/, containing a host of ideas and instructions for using the Raspberry Pi and Sense HAT on the International Space Station (ISS).
- Gyroscope – angular rate sensor: +/-245/500/2000dps
- Magnetometer – magnetic sensor: +/- 4/8/12/16 gauss
- Temperature sensor (temperature accurate to +/- 2 degC in the 0-65 degC range)
- 8×8 LED matrix display
- Small 5 button joystick
- Accelerometer – linear acceleration sensor: +/-2/4/8/16 g
- Barometer: 260 – 1260 hPa absolute range (accuracy depends on the temperature and pressure, +/- 0.1 hPa under normal conditions)
- Relative humidity sensor (accurate to +/- 4.5% in the 20-80%rH range, accurate to +/- 0.5 degC in 15-40 degC range)
Sense HAT: http://www.raspberrypi.org/learning/getting-started-with-the-sense-hat/
Only 1 left in stock (can be backordered)
SKU: RAS-078. Category: Add-On Boards & HATs. Tags: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, HAT, Humidity, Joystick, Magnetometer, Pressure, Raspberry Pi, Raspberry Pi Foundation, Sensor, Temperature.