Manufactured In: United States
Mfg Part Number: 2858
Prototyping Skill: Beginner
Programming Skill: N/A
Return Policy: 14 Day Unopened / Unused
5V 2.5A Step-Down Regulator
This small synchronous switching step-down (or buck) regulator takes an input voltage of up to 38 V and efficiently reduces it to 5 V. The board measures only 0.7″ × 0.7″, but it allows a typical continuous output current of up to 2.5 A. Efficiencies of 85% to 95% make this regulator well suited for powering moderate loads like sensors or small motors. High efficiencies are maintained at light loads by dynamically changing the switching frequency, and an optional shutdown pin enables a low-power state with a current draw of a few hundred microamps.
The module has built-in reverse-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, a thermal shutdown feature that helps prevent damage from overheating, a soft-start feature that reduces inrush current, and an under-voltage lockout.
- Input voltage: 6 V to 38 V
- Typical maximum continuous output current: 2.5 A when input voltage is close to the output voltage
- Typical efficiency of 85% to 95%
- Compact size: 0.7″ × 0.7″ × 0.35″ (17.8 × 17.8 × 8.8 mm)
- 5VDC output at up to 2.5A
- Integrated reverse-voltage protection, over-current protection, over-temperature shutoff, and under-voltage lockout
- Two 0.086″ mounting holes for #2 or M2 screws
In stock (can be backordered)
What is BC Robotics?
BC Robotics Inc. is a supplier and manufacturer of electronic kits, components, and accessories based in Nanaimo BC, Canada. We stock a large selection of popular items from Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Adafruit Industries, SparkFun Electronics, Pololu, Makey Makey, and many more!
Raspberry Pi Camera Software/Project Workshop March 3 2:00PM - 4:00PM This workshop will get your camera installed and configured ready to use with the provided Raspbian software and libraries. We will look into the various capabilities provided – exposure control, special effects, timed photos etc – for both stills and video. Purchase Tickets Now!