Manufactured In: United States
Mfg Part Number: 2468
Prototyping Skill: Beginner
Programming Skill: Intermediate
Return Policy: 14 Day Unopened / Unused
Adafruit FONA 800 Shield
The Adafruit Fona 800 shield is an all-in-one cellular phone shield that lets you add voice, text, SMS and data to your project in an easy to use pluggable Arduino shield. This shield fits on top of any classic Arduino or compatible, and packs a surprising amount of technology into its little frame. At the heart is a GSM cellular module (we use the latest SIM800) the size of a postage stamp. This module can do just about everything but, on its own, this shield can't do anything. It requires a microcontroller like an Arduino to drive it! You will also need some required accessories to make FONA work – these are not included.
- SIM Card – A 2G Mini SIM card is required to do anything on the cellular network. In Canada we recommend Rogers as a cellular provider.
- LiPo Battery – 500mAh or larger!
- External Antenna – We carry a slim uFL antenna that works great!
There are also some recommended accessories that are not required but chances are you'll want them!
- Onboard LiPoly battery charging circuitry so you can take your project on the go.
- Standard 4-pole TRRS headphone jack. Use any 'Android' or 'iPhone'-compatible headset with mic
- Vibrational motor (buzzer) driver for noiseless notifications
- Indicator LEDs for power and network connectivity
- Breakouts for external 8Ω speaker and electret mic if you don't want to use headphones.
- Level shifting circuitry to make it Arduino-safe
- uFL connection for external antenna
- Any standard 2G SIM slides into a secure connector
Adafruit FONA: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fona-800-shield
Only 1 left in stock (also available on backorder)